Thursday, November 22, 2007

The thin line between love and hate

O so well I could have thought of a better title but forgive me. I have been woven and cuddled in my cocoon for God alone knows how long. Football fans and you people who only know of the Brazilian team, hmm hmm, what do you think of those tackles and attacks? Do you think a yellow or a red card is suufficient for some of those moves you see that raise the hair on the nape of your neck and instinctively brings about that cringe?

Well that is the thin line between love and hate or between criminal liability and acceptable sportsmanship. Cases have been surfacing and rightly so that speak to this issue. Law, generally and criminal law in a narrower sense, seems to be on the right path in fulfilling their roles as arbiters of order.

Thinking from the perspective of a football fanatic, will this detract from the spirit of the game, will players be so caught up in preventing a lawsuit and hence dull their performance. I know, I know, a lot of questions, maybe that will evoke a lot of responses.

No comments: