Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Criminal Damage and case reading

Just completed my subject guide on Criminal Damage and I would be proud of myself if I hadn't taken over 8 hours on the shortest topic in the guide. Maybe I am being too harsh on myself. But at least I finished in a day, right? I guess.

And I have discovered that I shall no longer read any cases, I shall read only analysis of cases as found on certain databases which I now consider my closest friends. This should be a difficult one since I love to read it all but time and yawns forbade me from continuing that dreadful pattern. It stems from my inability to prioritise cases and so each is as important as the next. But no more!

We shall see tomorrow when I put my head to the test by practicing to write an examination question on the topic. I shall keep you abreast. As is expected I am tired now and need some pep especially as I have a busy day tomorrow.

Exams are drawing closer, in fact, preliminary timetables are up. OOOOO I feel chills, No seriously I do feel chills. I guess I am a wee bit nervous but we shall see when May/June gets here.

Toodles and stay tuned

5 comments:

Susie Law School said...

Westlaw case digest is a godsend for cases!

Emanicipated? said...

The bravest person is the one who can recognise he is afraid/nervous but press on anyway...I think you'll do fine...afterall you are a J'can woman and there is none braver.

Reggae Barrister said...

OMG Susie! I called no names how did you know? That really speaks to its worth.

Thanks Emancipated? always there when I need a boost.

Susie Law School said...

Heh sorry that's the one I use! It's the only one I've found that is in any way useful :)

Lost said...

8 hours is about the average you are supposed to spend on a subject that has a weekly tutorial, 15-20 hours for one you have every fornight.

But seeming as you don't have lectures or tutorials it seems that you did ok :) 8 hours is pretty average to spend in university - two hours in lectures for one subject, one hour of tutorial which of course leaves you 5 hours of reading time...

so infact you probably spent more time than most law students!