Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Perspectives

Wow! It has been a whole week since I last wrote and I am embarrassed to say that I have not seen any real news for that period either. So technically, I am behind. Not too perturbed though, have noticed of late that my mood has grown dramatically calmer because I am known for being extremely high-strung and emotional. Glad that phase is over, if so it is.

And still more material arrives from that blessed institution and I am surprisingly still excited to receive it. Thought that preliminary buzz would have worn off by now. Been catching up on my previous degree as I prepare for a possible job change, at a time like this you may ask? But sometimes change is good and for all the Jamaicans reading this! - no! I am not being ousted due to the change in government and no! I have no connections in the victorious party who are responsible for any change made during this time. Glad I got that out of the way and that leads to another point - today the nation shall swear in its 8th Prime Minister. Hmm for some reason there is not that much ceremony and excitement surrounding it in light of the fact that it is a change from the 18 yr regime of the outgoing party. I, for one, plan to listen to the Prime Minister's speech as he takes over the helm.

It's now back to school time and at times I remember that I am included in the 'back to school' posse. Still haven't gotten used to it. Soon I hope. Talk later.

1 comment:

Emanicipated? said...

My perspective is that even if you didn't opt to leave your job, the green peeps would have found a way to cut the civil service in a bid to pay its top heavy Cabinet and slew of Ministers of State...approximately 28 of the elected MP's are running the Government, leaving a whole 5 backbenchers...WOW...I am partisan so I guess my perspective is "just a little" biased.....that said I wish you would keep us appised of your progress in your studies....are you winning the battle?